Amri Helping Hands Society is a not for profit organisation working for a holistic development and upliftment of the rural mass with help and coordination from various Government departments and individual collaborators. In order to achieve our Goal, the major kick-off have started with various issues relate to day-to-day life in Amri and Chinthong Block in the district of West Karbi Anglong, Assam.
It was a humble beginning where few Educated, determined youths thought of giving the living standard a new look. Since its formation, it has been working for different social issues that came on to be addressed.
Guided by vision of Amri Helping Hands Society that is a powerful force in meeting common challenges and opportunities. AHHS work to strengthen community and improve rural lives of the region. We achieve this through engagement of people who share a common mindset and support both local and global issues.
Amri Helping Hands Society is set up under Societies Registration Act, 1860 which is a legislation in India which allows the registration of entities generally involved in the benefit of society - education, health, employment etc.
A future where the possibilities, opportunities and developments are same for all.
To make people discover their potential for action and change.
- To provide social welfare programmes such to work for social justice and empowerment through mass awareness campaigns and seminars.
- To promote and preserve all forms of art and culture particularly folk music and dance.
- To organized defined programmes for promotion of traditional song, dance, poems and games.
- To promote and initiate health care and community development to work for all rounds development of community and educate people about the evil effects of alcoholism.
Development on education and literacy.
- To inspire lifelong learning, advance knowledge, and strengthen our communities.
- Women and children development program.
- To serve individuals and families in the poorest communities.
- Sports and youth development program
- Environment and forest development program.
- To conserve and restore natural ecosystems, focusing on birds, other wildlife, and their habitats for the benefit of humanity and the earth’s biological diversity.
- Agriculture, Horticulture and Animal Husbandry development
- To undertake constructive activities for the upliftment of weaker sections of the society in rural and urban areas.
AHHS is currently working in four Hill Districts of Assam states namely Karbi Anglong, West Karbi Anglong, Dimahasao, Udalguri. We are supported by a core team of development professionals and field functionaries. In addition, interns and volunteers from premier academic institutions are constantly involved in spearheading various activities undertaken by us.